Corona Render First Impressions

This needs to be edited. I rerendered the first test scene with some overworked foliage, etc. I am more and more impressed with the outstanding capabilities of this render engine ! Just makes you realize how much time consuming tweaking in some other engines is needed to get decent results.

 

I did some first tests with the amazing Corona Render Engine which is still in Alpha and free to use. I must say i am very much impressed with the speed, quality and overall results. I think i might switch from Vray ! This is just a work in progress scene to learn how to use Corona.

small exterior 3d architectural scene

This is just a small exterior 3d architectural scene that i did to try some new workflows. The basic modelling was done in Sketchup and then imported to 3ds Max. I did the stone flooring in Zbrush, the challenge was to not just have a normal or bump mapped ground because from this angle of view it will be discovered as a cheap fake 😉 So i needed the real geometry….but since i wanted to render this in Maxwell it turned out that rendering a huge displacement was in this case way too time consuming. So i made a high res poly but still importable version of the stone floor which is a good compromise for speed and interesting looks.

The inspiration for this small scene was from a photo from www.archdaily.com. I extracted the wooden fence texture from this picture and tweaked it to fit the model.

3d Architectural Visualization

This is my latest 3d Architectural Visualization of an exterior scene. A photograph from www.archdaily.com was the inspiration. The modelling was done in Google Sketchup. The stonewall was first extruded from a vectorized wall texture in Rhino and then refined and modelled in ZBrush. Scene setup and rendering with Vray and lots of render layers and compositing in Photoshop afterwards.

3d Architecture – spooky Halloween

I just finished this exterior 3d Architecture scene. Inspiration for the building came from archdaily.com . Unfortunately it´s impossible to exactly photomatch a 3d virtual camera from the majority of good looking professional architectural photography since those images are almost always heavily changed in postwork to remove lines that are not straight. Such imagery cannot be calculated in 3d software to match a camera and then model the geometry from the photo.
So for this scene i just estimated most measures but there were also some photos available that show the plans.

All the modelling was done in Sketchup. I also did a rough outlay of the terrain in Sketchup. The scene setup was then done in 3ds Max and rendered with Vray.
First i had planned to make a summer scene but at some point i decided to turn it into a gloomy wintery scene, as Halloween is approaching now.
I did quite a lot of postwork in Photoshop. The second image shows the raw renderoutput from Vray.

3d Exterior Architectural Visualization

This 3d exterior architectural visualization was inspired by a photograph from www.archdaily.com .
I did the modelling in Sketchup, scene setup in 3dsMax, rendered with Vray and some postwork in Photoshop. I tried to add some imperfections here and there to make things look more natural. For this i made good use of displacement and normal maps, but also adding slight but almost invisible variations of dirt can help to achieve a more natural look.

I will do my next posts in english for all those friendly people from Iran, India and Spain who appreciate my work. Thank you.

Architekturvisualisierung Aussenraum

Update:
Ich habe die Szene nochmal etwas anders aufgesetzt, d.h. die gesamte Geometrie in 3ds Max importiert und dort dann mit Vray gerendert.

Diese Aussenraum Szene einer Architekturvisualisierung wurde mit Cinema4D modelliert und dann mit Vray gerendert. Zum Schluss noch ein bisschen Postwork im Photoshop. Die Inspiration für die Szene habe ich auf www.archdaily.com gefunden.

 

 

Architekturvisualisierung – Krankenhaus – Photomatching

Architekturvisualisierung von einem Krankenhaus Innenraum. Erst wurde ein Photomatching gemacht, d.h. die virtuelle Kamera muss der echten Kamera, mit der das Photo aufgenommen wurde, entsprechen.

Aus diesen Informationen habe ich dann die ganze 3d Szene in Rhino modelliert. Kleinere Details, etc. habe ich aber weggelassen, es sollte ja nicht zu sehr ins Detail gehen. Die modellierte Szene wurde dann in Cinema4d vor die virtuelle Kamera gestellt und mit Vray gerendert. Zum Schluss habe ich noch ein Compositing im Photoshop gemacht. Dabei wurden  auch Elemente aus dem ursprünglichen Foto in das 3d Bild eingefügt. So zum Beispiel die Elemente aus dem Nebenraum auf der rechten Seite. Es wäre in diesem Fall zu aufwändig gewesen diese auch noch zu modellieren.

Hier das 3D Bild:

 

Und das original Foto: